[ovs-discuss] Packaging OVS into .deb installers

Sudhakar Gariganti sudhakar.gariganti at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 17:16:12 UTC 2012

Hi Ben,

Thanks for responding.

Unfortunately, I haven't saved the logs.
But I stumbled upon few related articles and I managed to generate the
installers now.
Basically in my previous trial, I tried packaging without building the
source code.
I then tried building the code first (i.e., first 6 steps of the INSTALL
file) and then ran the dpkg-buildpackage.
With this everything went fine.(all the tests passed too).

So I think the mistake I did was, not building the source code before
packaging.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks,
Sudhakar.