[ovs-discuss] "out-of-band" mode command

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Thu Dec 6 16:09:48 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 06:28:23PM +0800, can. wrote:
> I try to connect an ovs to a controller using "out-of-band" mode. But the command in FAQ seems wrong.
>
> I tried
>
> ovs-vsctl set-controller br0 tcp:xx.xx.xx.xx:xx connection-mode=out-of-band
>
> and
>
> ovs-vsctl set-controller br0 tcp:xx.xx.xx.xx:xx --out-of-band
>
> and none worked.
>
> So could anyone tell me the correct format of this command?

What made you think that either form above should work?  I would like to
correct it.

The FAQ says:

   If your controllers are not actually in-band (e.g. they are on
   localhost via 127.0.0.1, or on a separate network), then you should
   configure your controllers in "out-of-band" mode.  If you have one
   controller on bridge br0, then you can configure out-of-band mode
   on it with:

       ovs-vsctl set controller br0 connection-mode=out-of-band