[ovs-discuss] Inconsistent STP Behaviour

Julius Bachnick julius.bachnick at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 16:11:15 UTC 2012

Hey Everyone,

I enabled STP on all my OVS (via 'ovs-vsctl -- set Bridge <switchname>
stp-enable=true') and pass the Spanning Tree calculated by the STP
implementation in OVS to method that generates a NetworkX graph (for
visualization purposes). However, my spanning tree looks different almost
every time I restart all my switches and STP gets fired up again and
calculates the tree.

I assume it might have to do with the addresses each interface gets
assigned? If so, how am I able to set them? If this is not the reason, does
anyone know, why this behaviour occurs?

Regards,

Julius