[ovs-discuss] Controller reference as name

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Fri Dec 7 17:35:33 UTC 2012

We don't currently allow setting the controller based on name mostly due to in-band control rules.  We effectively would need to whitelist all DNS traffic when a switch is connected in-band, which means controller writers wouldn't be able to write DNS flows (at least to the configured DNS server).  Is there a set of controller IPs?  If so, then you could configure more than one.

--Justin