[ovs-discuss] Cannot find openvswitch.ko

Hanoch Raviv rotemadar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 01:11:08 UTC 2012

Hi there,

I am trying to install openVswitch on Linux “2.6.24-26-generic #1 SMP Tue
Dec 1 18:37:31 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux”

After doing the proper “configure”, “make”, and “make install” I looked
under datapath/linux/openvswitch.ko and could not find the file.

Looking closely in the “configure” output I noticed I have no “openssl”
installed. After installing “openssl” and the needed packages
(“libssl0.9.8” “libssl-dev” “libssl-ocaml-dev” “libssl-ocaml”
“cl-plus-ssl”) I did passed the configure but still no “openflow.ko”.

Any idea on how to resolve this issue?
--
Hanoch Raviv