[ovs-discuss] FW: Creating own queues

Mathumitha S cerisierfilix at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 21 06:14:26 UTC 2012

Hi Justin,
                    Thanks. If we need to create our own queues, we need to find out whether there is space in the kernel queue before sending a packet. So, need to use the netdev_send_wait( ) function before using netdev_send( ) to send a packet. The netdev_send_wait( ) function uses looping to check if there is buffer space. Hence, if the single thread is held up in the loop, wont it affect the incoming packets at the input port? How will it receive new packets at the same time it is in the loop? Please correct me if I am wrong.

- Mathumitha