[ovs-discuss] Why OpenFlow Actions 'mod_nw_dst' & 'mod_dl_dst' can't work?

Hong Wayne wayne21205 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 09:42:02 UTC 2012

Dear all:

I have a problem about the flow action entry for Open vSwitch.

I  modified the flow entry of action field, it can be dump by ovs-ofctl
dump-flows.

Looked like below:
actions=output:9,mod_nw_dst:192.168.13.25,mod_dl_dst:54:04:00:65:b4:5f

But when i use Wireshark to check this work, the packet header still keep
the original format and not be modified.

The Open vSwitch version I used describes below:

Hardware: Open vSwitch
Software: 1.4.0+build0

Can someone resolve my questions? Thanks.