[ovs-discuss] about how to read and figure out the source code of openvswitch

地方读 shaoguolin at 163.com
Sun Dec 30 05:45:54 UTC 2012

Hello,
Everybody,  i am a freshman in openvswitch, i am focus on the openflow protocal recently, but i can't fetch lots of details from the OpenFlow Switch Specification(Version 1.3.1), so i have to read the source code of openvswitch(openvswitch-1.7.0.tar.gz). but there are lots of directories and files that make me confused, can someone give me some tips about how to figure out the struct and architecture of the source code.
There are lots of directories in the source code, e.g. Datapath, m4, Lib, Include, etc. so which aspect are  these directories mainly about ?
If someone have some information or documents about this aspect, plese send me with email, my email is:shaoguolin at 163.com
thanks very much.

soger
2012-12-30