[ovs-discuss] xenServer and openVswitch 1.0.99

Juan Tellez juan at embrane.com
Thu Feb 2 01:33:29 UTC 2012

Ben,

>> XenServer 6.0 is currently running 1.0.99 OpenVswitch.
>>
>> We see excessive CPU consumption by ovs-vswitchd when running vlan traffic:

>Citrix released a hotfix for that problem.

The hot fix: XS60E003?

The host in question has that hot fix fully installed and is still observing the symptoms.

More over we are chasing an issue where traffic appears to stop for as long as 15s.  We think the cpu usage and the dropped packets are related.  Sadly the problem occurs so rarely (between 16-24 hrs) that we do not yet understand exactly what is going on.  It is similar to your discussion with Andres Moya back in Sept. "Re: ovs-vswitchd high cpu and memory use eventually crashes", though at this point we have not been able to document any crashes.

If there is a single fix that can help, I would like to be able to encourage Citrix to turn it into a HotFix.

Thanks,

Juan