[ovs-discuss] OpenVSwitch flow forwarding

Masoud Moshref Javadi masood.moshref.j at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 21:52:33 UTC 2012

Aha, so let's see if I understood their difference correctly.
OpenFlow tables are the ones that we can see using "ovs-ofctl
dump-tables br0" and by default are 255 (set by ofproto_dpif) but the
current ofproto_dpif just uses the first one. (I added a rule to the
second table and it did not match the packet as handle_flow_miss method
calls rule_dpif_lookup method with table_id=0 always).

On the other hand, tables inside classifier.c represent a unique set of
wildcards bits (is the hash function really without conflict?). In the
lookup process, for each table, the classifier zeros the wildcards bits
for the flow and uses the hashmap to find the rule.

Now, the code makes sense to me.

Thank you for you clarification
Masoud