[ovs-discuss] Query regarding OVS configuration in OpenSuse Dom0 (Xen Hypervisor)

Mohit Dhingra mohitdhingras at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 14:47:35 UTC 2012

*Hello,*

I am new to OpenVirtual Switch, I am trying to configure it on my server,
for QoS Control and Monitoring.

Present Configuration :
I have Xen Hypervisor, with OpenSUSE as Dom0 configured, and few VMs, and
OpenNebula Cloud.

What I have done?
I installed OVS as mentioned in INSTALL.Linux ( As I didn't have Citrix
XenServer and DDK etc.). Now, everything is working fine. My question is
regarding the configuration for bridge.

I think, Xen renames eth0 to peth0, and creates a bridge called eth0.

Now, if I create one more bridge br0, using ovs-sctl, does it make sense?
Should I change the Xen configuration such that Xen doesn't create a
bridge, rather it should be created by ovs? Please suggest.

One more question..Does OVS also monitors incoming traffic onto the VMs?

*
Thanks & Regards
Mohit Dhingra
+919611190435*