[ovs-discuss] Query regarding OVS configuration in OpenSuse Dom0 (Xen Hypervisor)

Mohit Dhingra mohitdhingras at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 07:24:32 UTC 2012

Thanks Jesse. I tried the same. Firstly I disconnected interfaces vif4.0,
vif5.0, and peth0 from the Bridge eth0 (that Xen created).

Then I created a bridge named br0, and connected peth0, vif4.0, vif5.0 to
br0 using ovs-vsctl commands. IP Addresses assigned to peth0 are
10.112.10.50, and to vif4.0 & 5.0 are .53, .52 respectively. I am able to
ping from VM1 to VM2 (that is from .53 to .52, even from other hosts in
LAN) , but I am not  able to ping to the Dom0 (that is .50, either from VMs
or from any host in LAN). Is there something I am missing out.?

The question that I was asking regarding monitoring of incoming traffic
into VMs is, we have one ingress_policing_rate in ovs_vsctl for an
interface, but there is no egress/outgress policing rate.. Does that mean
that it doesn't have control over incoming traffic onto VMs?

*
Thanks & Regards
Mohit Dhingra
+919611190435*