[ovs-discuss] Query regarding OVS configuration in OpenSuse Dom0 (Xen Hypervisor)

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Tue Feb 14 03:54:27 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 7:07 PM, Mohit Dhingra <mohitdhingras at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am following the same instructions as given in
> http://openvswitch.org/support/config-cookbooks/qos-rate-limiting/
>
> I have exactly the same setup, except for the measurement host, but I don't
> see any difference in the netperf results, I have given more details in the

Did you look at the debugging tips at the bottom of the page?

> Hi Jesse,
> Ok, So that means hardware should be configurable enough,  that it
> understands VMs, and QoS for each VM? Is there any way to set egress QoS on
> the NIC?

It's not a hardware feature.  It's software configured on the NIC
device.  As I mentioned before, there's more information in the
ovs-vsctl man page.  It tends to work better than ingress policing but
you should check that that's at least loaded and running correctly
first since it's easier to configure.