[ovs-discuss] Rate limiting on patch ports

Janis Hamme janis.hamme at student.kit.edu
Thu Feb 16 02:53:40 UTC 2012

Thanks Aaron, thats working!

Might be helpful for some:

ip link add type veth
tc qdisk add dev veth0 root tbf rate 10mbit buffer 10kb latency 50ms
tc qdisk add dev veth1 root tbf rate 10mbit buffer 10kb latency 50ms
ip link set veth0 up
ip link set veth1 up
ovs-vsctl add-port br0 veth0
ovs-vsctl add-port br1 veth1

This will provide you a link between br0 and br1 limited at 10mbit.