[ovs-discuss] Query regarding OVS configuration in OpenSuse Dom0 (Xen Hypervisor)

Mohit Dhingra mohitdhingras at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 18:11:13 UTC 2012

*Hello,

*I looked at the debugging tip, it says, check whether your kernel is built
with "ingress qdisc" or not. I am not really sure of that. I searched for
it, and found "tc qdisc add dev eth0 ingress" to enable it. I ran it, again
configured the same QoS parameters for vif2.0, but no change in netperf
output.

Here is the mod list, if it helps.
cadlab:~/Documents # lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
sch_ingress             2386  0
usb_storage            53657  0
uas                    10350  0
iptable_filter          1946  0
ip_tables              22302  1 iptable_filter
x_tables               27449  2 iptable_filter,ip_tables
openvswitch_mod        87483  1
loop                   20091  4
bridge                 92152  0
stp                     2331  1 bridge
llc                     6103  2 bridge,stp
fuse                   82307  3
usbbk                  25163  0
gntdev                  8554  6
netbk                  42268  0 [permanent]
blkbk                  29670  0 [permanent]
blkback_pagemap         2806  1 blkbk
blktap                126872  2 [permanent]
domctl                  6437  2 blkbk,blktap
xenbus_be               4261  4 usbbk,netbk,blkbk,blktap
evtchn                  6002  7
edd                     9664  0
snd_pcm_oss            53007  0
snd_mixer_oss          19233  1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_seq                66355  0
snd_seq_device          7770  1 snd_seq
tcp_bic                 3363  27
dm_mod                 85824  0
joydev                 12518  0
snd_hda_codec_realtek   356107  1
snd_hda_intel          29349  4
snd_hda_codec         107570  2 snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_hda_intel
snd_hwdep               7612  1 snd_hda_codec
snd_pcm               106732  3 snd_pcm_oss,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec
pcspkr                  2190  0
snd_timer              27510  2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
serio_raw               5222  0
sr_mod                 16493  0
snd                    83254  18
snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_seq,snd_seq_device,snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hwdep,snd_pcm,snd_timer
soundcore               8494  1 snd
sg                     33121  0
firewire_ohci          31303  0
i7core_edac            20315  0
firewire_core          66559  1 firewire_ohci
iTCO_wdt               12566  0
iTCO_vendor_support     3118  1 iTCO_wdt
edac_core              50431  1 i7core_edac
i2c_i801               10856  0
snd_page_alloc          9473  2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm
e1000e                203595  0
crc_itu_t               1779  1 firewire_core
ext4                  398734  3
jbd2                   88998  1 ext4
crc16                   1747  1 ext4
usbhid                 50613  0
hid                    87441  1 usbhid
uhci_hcd               29265  0
nouveau               610369  2
ttm                    76417  1 nouveau
drm_kms_helper         36694  1 nouveau
ehci_hcd               61639  0
drm                   230792  4 nouveau,ttm,drm_kms_helper
i2c_algo_bit            6342  1 nouveau
usbcore               213666  7
usb_storage,uas,usbbk,usbhid,uhci_hcd,ehci_hcd
i2c_core               32282  5
i2c_i801,nouveau,drm_kms_helper,drm,i2c_algo_bit
video                  15865  1 nouveau
output                  2727  1 video
button                  6797  1 nouveau
xenblk                 26089  0
cdrom                  42800  2 sr_mod,xenblk
xennet                 36109  0
fan                     3215  0
processor              36333  0
ata_generic             3995  0
thermal                14850  0
thermal_sys            17334  4 video,fan,processor,thermal
hwmon                   2648  1 thermal_sys

cadlab:~/Documents # brctl show
eth0            0000.7071bc62737a       no              peth0
                                                        vif2.0
                                                        vif5.0

cadlab:~/Documents # ovs-vsctl show
d3f38d68-2623-4a60-a169-fa7bf14e6ca4
    Bridge "eth0"
        Port "vif2.0"
            Interface "vif2.0"
        Port "peth0"
            Interface "peth0"
        Port "vif5.0"
            Interface "vif5.0"
        Port "eth0"
            Interface "eth0"
                type: internal

I configured vif2.0 for 1Mbps, but of no use. Can you please help me out.
*
**
Thanks & Regards
Mohit Dhingra