[ovs-discuss] how can I tell if controller is connected?

Rob Sherwood rob.sherwood at bigswitch.com
Mon Feb 20 21:31:11 UTC 2012

Apologies if this is a FAQ, but I can't seem to figure this out from the docs.

Is there a command that I can use to ask OVS if it has successfully
connected to the controller?  I thought this information was included
in `ovs-dpctl show $bridge`, but either it's gone or I've made it up.
Yes, I can use `netstat`, but I was hoping for something a little more
programmatic and application level.

If such a command doesn't exist, let me know and I can try to put
together a patch or some such.

Thanks in advance for the help,

- Rob
.