[ovs-discuss] [openvswitch 1.4.0] testsuite: 591 failed

Ethan Jackson ethan at nicira.com
Fri Feb 24 02:56:44 UTC 2012

Hi Michael,

Thanks for sending us this test report.  It looks like what's going on
is your build environment as a version of python which was built with
narrow unicode configuration.  Unfortunately, we don't support this
configuration of python as this time.  If you want the test suite to
pass, you're going to have to install a wide build of Python on your
system.  The good news is that the core feature set of Open vSwitch
(specifically the switch, the database, the kernel module, the
utilities) are all written in C and should not be affected.  You
should be able to run Open vSwitch without problems despite this
error.

Ethan