[ovs-discuss] Problems understanding ovs with of support

Luiz Ozaki luiz.ozaki at locaweb.com.br
Fri Feb 24 13:11:00 UTC 2012

> Does anyone of you know what's the classifier table? What's the
> difference between that particular table and the others?

If I remember correctly OVS uses only the classifier table, making a
hash of the openflow fields for lookup.

You might use the other tables to do "jumps", like in iptables. But on
these tables it should be linear lookup (Not sure).

Don't know any case that you need to use the other tables, if anyone
have a use case for them, please tell us. Im curious as well now.

--
Luiz Henrique Ozaki