[ovs-discuss] Pica8 Goes Open Source?

Iben Rodriguez iben.rodriguez at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 22:49:42 UTC 2012

In a perfect world (maybe next month or next year) a customer can start
implementing OVS in hardware and/or software using controller A and decide
later that controller B is better for what ever reason and a new transport
zone can be created with OVS migrating from A to B controllers over time.
Same goes for cloud providers, network vendors, IPv4 to IPv6, and so on.

Open Source networking promises flexibility and many features without
technology lock-in. If cloud providers, managed service vendors, resellers,
and manufactures can come together on this the enterprises will follow.
Reminds me of the Apple 1984 commercial...

"We have created a garden of pure ideology – where each worker may bloom,
secure from the pests purveying contradictory truths."

Sounds like CIO's dream come true.

Thanks for taking the lead with your efforts.

I b e n
+14087824726
Skype: ibenrodriguez