[ovs-discuss] OVS host management with Vlan tagged port

Ariel Moreno ariel.moreno at mercadolibre.com
Wed Jan 18 01:08:02 UTC 2012

Gentleman.
I must confess that I am an older network guy doing newbie things in openvswitch.
I do not have any background about how to configure the interfaces on openvswitch. In fact I tried to find information about interface types and I could not find it.
I just tried to add the physical interfaces (including the bond interface) to the ovs in the same way as you proposed without any idea about the meaning about this configuration.
If you have any OVS for dummies I really appreciate, in the meanwhile I will delete the interfaces and I will add them again without the type=internal statement.
I restarted the ovs-vswitchd to add the log switch and it generate the vlan446 and I was able to configure the Ip.
But I am still unable to connect the host when my switch is tagging the traffic.
Any new idea?

Ariel Moreno
Mercadolibre.com - Network Security / NOC / Infraestructura
Arias 3751 - 7º piso Capital Federal | Buenos Aires
Argentina | CP 1430 | Tel +54 11 4640-8198
E-mail ariel.moreno at mercadolibre.com | IM ariel.moreno at gmail.com