[ovs-discuss] VXLAN: How to pass VNI while setting up VXLAN Tunnel

senthil arumugam geetha_senthil at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 23 19:11:08 UTC 2012

Hi
I could set up vxlan tunnel across 2 hosts

- sudo ovs-vsctl add-port br0 vx0 -- set interface vx0 type=vxlan

I am looking at a way by which I can pass VNI (VXLAN NETWORK IDENTIFIER) while
setting tp this tunnel;

I tried with following command that is accepted.
- sudo ovs-vsctl add-port br0 vx0 -- set interface vx0 type=vxlan

But while looking at VXLAN header contents through wireshark, I still see that
VNI is not set..  So not sure the option 'id' maps to VNI

Thanks
_Senthil