[ovs-discuss] Need help on extending OVS to monitor/control network devices via SNMP

Giorgio Buffa buffagio+ml at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 18:10:45 UTC 2012

Hello Ben,
Yes, you're definitely right! But this is not about implementing OpenFlow:
I just want to realize a management interface translation for the features
that is possible to translate (e.g. port statistics retrieval).

Is up to the legacy network device to provide switching, routing, VLAN
tagging and so on, via hardware. Open vSwitch would just provide to me an
OpenFlow library/codebase, management framework and tools to be used by the
adaptation module.

Kind regards,
Giorgio Buffa