[ovs-discuss] VLAN tag being removed from OVS to VM

Lucas Brasilino lucas.brasilino at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 12:22:12 UTC 2012

Hi Ben:

>> I'm trying to setup a trunk port to send  VLAN's tagged frames from
>> OVS to a VM, so inside the VM I gonna use
>> VLAN Linux support (8021q kernel module along with vconfig tool).
>
> Did you read the FAQ?  It has an extensive section about VLANs:
>         http://openvswitch.org/faq/

No, I didn't. Speaking frankly I just read the cookbook and manpages.
Thanks to point me that out.

Now I'm going through it. I've compiled and installed the latest
stable kernel, 3.4.4, with no success. I'm
getting the same behaviour (response frames having it's VLAN tag stripped).

I´m moving forward... any news I'll post here.

thanks!
Lucas Brasilino