[ovs-discuss] VLAN FIndings

Min Luo min.ch.luo at huawei.com
Thu Jul 5 19:44:28 UTC 2012

To Whom It May Concern,

We have been testing VLAN capability from current OF 1.0 based implementation.

We first tested some earlier versions of the HP OF Switch and used Beacon or Floodlight as the controller. After we manually set up 2 VLANs, we could clearly see the logical partition and VLAN seemed working properly.

Then we tried to use the same scenario with OVS replacing the HP switches. Then after we thought VLAN were configured, we could not see any VLAN ID, but the default value of 0.

Could you please explain? Is there anything we many have overlooked?

Thank you very much.

Min Luo, Ph.D.
Principal Architect
Head of the Advanced Networking Software Group
The Outstanding Chief/Lead Architect, The Open Group
US Innovation Center
Huawei Technologies