[ovs-discuss] KVM Host Bridge.

Linux Zoom nix.zoom at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 12:48:57 UTC 2012

Dear All ,

I have a KVM hypervisor with two NIC cards. One of which connected to Nexus
(Cisco) as a tagged VLAN. VLAN Id is 399. And inside the hypervisor there
is 4 VM running (Centos). Which is already in VLAN399. Virtual machine is
able to reach internet and everything is working fine.

My Requirement :

One of the Virtual Machine hosted in KVM hypervisor is going to act as a
DHCP server. So  we created multiple VLAN inside VM for giveing IP to  the
customer VM which will be running on another hypervisor (KVM). The DHCP
pool is tagged with VLAN ID 391. When the Virtual machine is asking for IP
from DHCP server from the second hypervisor, it cannot see the VLAN 391
which is inside the VM. I have installed OpenVswitch. And the port for the
bridge for this DHCP VM is vnet4.

I know this is little complicate,

Any help is appreciated.
Bipin