[ovs-discuss] OpenVswitch with KVM virtual machines

Neha Jatav jneha at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Jul 12 17:28:35 UTC 2012

I'm sorry Ben, I didn't copy paste the ovs-vsctl show result previously; I
manually typed it. But its actually configured. This is the exact output:

[neha at doorsingdog-dx ~]$ sudo ovs-vsctl show
15b36cfd-2b20-4459-abb0-26396a692ab4
    Bridge "ovsbr0"
        Controller "tcp:127.0.0.1:6633"
        Port "ovsbr0"
            Interface "ovsbr0"
                type: internal
        Port "vnet2"
            Interface "vnet2"
        Port "vnet0"
            Interface "vnet0"
        Port "vnet1"
            Interface "vnet1"
    ovs_version: "1.4.0"

Can you please answer it now?

On 7/12/12 10:52 PM, "Ben Pfaff" <blp at nicira.com> wrote:

>On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 10:49:14PM +0530, Neha Jatav wrote:
>> I am running NOX controller with a python script that prints out the
>> destination mac and the source mac for each packet arriving at the now
>> controller and then floods it out. So here's what happening:
>>
>> With em1 connected, all the packets that arrive at em1 are coming to the
>> controller and printing out the details. However, without em1 connected
>> the OVS, when I have the following setup:
>>  ____                  ____
>> / VM1\______br0_______/ VM3\
>>             _|_
>>            /VM2\
>>            \___/
>>
>> VM1 & VM2 are of the same subnet. They can ping each other. The ping
>> packets aren't seen at the controller probably because they are in the
>> same subnet and they don't need a flow table entry.
>
>That doesn't make sense.  OpenFlow doesn't make any distinction on
>this basis.

Ok.