[ovs-discuss] How to add resubmit action without port?

YIMIN CHEN ymchen.nbzj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 01:40:02 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am experimenting with 2 flow tables. packet is processed in 2nd
table only after they are allowed based on first flow table. However,
I am a little confused about how to specify action for the flow entry
in 1st flow table. I didn't find an action like "goto table2" in
ovs-ofctl. Now my question is:

1) Is there an action like "goto table 2"?
2) If not, will packet go to table 2 automatically after exiting table
1? what action represent exit? I didn't find an "allow" action
3) the only thing I found maybe used to achieve this is "resubmit"
action. However, in my case, I don't need to change port. Is the port
optional in resubmit([port],[table])? I tried with resubmit(,2),
looked like an syntax error.

Your help is appreciated!

Thanks!
Yimin