[ovs-discuss] Information in PORT STATUS message not correct

YIMIN CHEN ymchen.nbzj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 02:42:22 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am using openvswitch 1.4.2 with NOX-classic. I used wireshark to capture
the message and found content not matching with ovs-dpctl output:

I started 3rd VM using kvm, with mac 00:aa:bb:00:00:03. ovs-dpctl shows the
openflow port is 15.

jason at jason-laptop:~/ymchen/openvswitch-1.4.2$  sudo ovs-dpctl show br0
system at br0:
lookups: hit:2330 missed:883 lost:0
flows: 0
port 0: br0 (internal)
port 1: eth0
port 14: tap0
port 15: tap1
port 19: tap2

However the port status content shows port = 0, mac addr=00:00:00_13:a6:b9,
port name is V\337Etap2. I have attached wireshark screen shot.

Is this expected? Or did I do something wrong?

Thanks!
Yimin