[ovs-discuss] Change VLAN

Göktuğ YILDIRIM goktug.yildirim at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 22:20:58 UTC 2012

Thanks for superb fast reply :)

May I ask if I miss the documentation or is it undocumented? I'd like to
read more if there is...

For example there is one that I am curious of why need to use internal type
interface. I am trying to setup a simple switch to vlan my VMs and as far
as I see it is possible to make subset of bridges as below.
ovs-vsctl add-br br0
ovs-vsctl add-br br10 br0 10
ovs-vsctl add-br br20 br0 20
Then you add br10 or br20 to the related VM config.
However there is seems to be another way that uses below example. In fact I
could not find a way to work with it (as in KVM).
ovs-vsctl add-port br0 vlan10 tag=10 -- set Interface vlan10 type=internal
ifconfig vlan10 192.168.0.123