[ovs-discuss] [OVS operation] how to set GRE tunnel ID in OVS?

Wenfei Wu wuwenfeiwwf at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 15:13:32 UTC 2012

Hi, all
  I am confused about how to set GRE tunnel ID in OVS.
  I want to do this:  I have two servers A and B which have OVS installed.
I want to set two GRE tunnels with the same source and destination. But
they should have different tunnel IDs, so that in the intermediate switches
I can split them.
  I check the manual, I find that in command ovs-ofctl, *tun_id=**tunnel-id*
[*/**mask*] is used for flow syntax, so OVS can forward based on tunnel ID.
  But in the command ovs-vsctl when setting up GRE, I cannot find how to
set tunnel IDs for a GRE tunnel.
  Is there a solution? How is NVGRE in OVS going? I cannot find tutorial to
use NVGRE or VxLAN.
  Regards,
  Wenfei