[ovs-discuss] ovs + iptables + xcp

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Wed Jul 25 17:22:17 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 5:59 PM, pf shineyear <shinepf at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all ,
>
> i have a big problem with ovs + iptables + xcp in ubuntu 12.04
>
> i can limit every request input on xenbr1, but i can not do like iptables
> established filter for the vm output,
>
> when a vm send a request output , i can see it success to go out , and in
> eth1, i can see the response come back very good,
>
> but in the vm i can see nothing, because the input already been limited in
> xenbr1, and iptables can not work well with ovs.

I don't understand what you're trying to do.  It's true that iptables
doesn't hook into OVS but there's probably an alternate way to write
the rule.  Half of your question seems to be about adding filters on
traffic and the other half seems to be about traffic not getting
through so you'll have to explain the use case better.