[ovs-discuss] problem with LACP Failover

Ethan Jackson ethan at nicira.com
Thu Jul 26 18:13:51 UTC 2012

Do I understand correctly that you're creating a lacp bond within a
hypervisor going from a guest to DOM0?  That's a bit strange . . .

> - play with ovs-appctl bond/set-active-slave and change active slave

set-active-slave shouldn't affect LACP bonds.  If you want to trigger
a failover you will need to take down the link.

What does ovs-appctl bond/show and ovs-appctl lacp/show say?  Those
commands should help you figure out if things are configured properly.

You say connectivity is lost, where is the traffic getting dropped?

Ethan