[ovs-discuss] Topology discovery in ovs

Robin Wang cloudbengo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 17:41:47 UTC 2012

Hi Kim,

I found an email that indicates OVS doesn't have built-in support. But it
was a year ago, not sure whether it's supported now.
http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/discuss/2011-July/005400.html

For sFlow, to me, it is similar to NetFlow, and usually used to track
dynamic traffic in a network with the help of flow collector. There're lots
of different collectors. What you can get through sFlow depends on what
features the collector provides, not OVS. Not sure if there's a collector
provides topology things. Maybe someone who is familiar with collector
could give us some advice. Thanks.

Best,
Robin