[ovs-discuss] Problem with VLANs set up on OVS.

Luiz Ozaki luiz.ozaki at locaweb.com.br
Tue Jun 5 14:07:05 UTC 2012

On 6/3/12 6:04 PM, Anisha Kolasani wrote:
> The VM1 on machine 1 is able to ping VM3 on machine 2. The tap
> interfaces of VM1 and VM3 are not declared as access ports.
> But VM2 on machine 1 is not able to ping VM4 on machine 2. VM2 and VM4
> are not declared to be on VLAN 21.
>
> Could you please let me know what the problem might be?

It seems your setup is correct.

Do you have the VLAN 21 created on the physical switch ?

If you tag them on OVS but the physical switch don't have the VLAN
created in the config it won't forward the packets.

And since you'll be passing tagged and untagged VLANs, you need to setup
those on the physical switch as well, probably with trunk.

--
Luiz Henrique Ozaki