[ovs-discuss] running userspace mode ovs daemon and unable to apply QoS

Dong Jin jinanddong at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 23:55:54 UTC 2012

thanks a lot, Ethan. Below is the entire script I used to start the ovs
daemon, and netdev is used. Just wondering why I still see the warning and
error. Or can I safely ignore the warning and error?

ovsdb-server --remote=punix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock
--remote=db:Open_vSwitch,manager_options --pidfile --d    etach

ovs-vsctl --no-wait init

ovs-vswitchd --pidfile --detach

ovs-vsctl -- --may-exist add-br br0
ovs-vsctl set bridge br0 datapath_type=netdev
ovs-vsctl -- --may-exist add-port br0 eth1
ovs-vsctl -- --may-exist add-port br0 eth0