[ovs-discuss] need brcompat module in Fedora 17 or kernle 3.4

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Wed Jun 13 15:13:16 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Avdhoot Dendge - BetterLabs
<avdhoot.dendge at betterlabs.net> wrote:
> I haven't change anything in code
>
> I tried compile with master & branch 1.7. No luck :(
> gave following error :
> /opt/src/openvswitch/datapath/linux/datapath.c:65:2: error: #error Kernels
> before 2.6.18 or after 3.3 are not supported by this version of Open
> vSwitch.

Hmm, I thought that we had added support for 3.4 but checking I guess
we haven't yet.  That's the error message that I was expecting you to
get before, I'm not sure why it 1.5 wouldn't have complained.

You mentioned in your first post that you were trying to use either
Fedora or Linux 3.4.  Fedora 17 uses kernel 3.3, which is supported by
branch-1.7 and newer.  Can you use that?