[ovs-discuss] 答复: a GRE-Tunnel problem on the OVS and openflow enabled switch

Weifeng Zhang zhangwf at centecnetworks.com
Wed Jun 27 02:25:40 UTC 2012

Hi Justin, thanks for the reply.
I DO notice that OVS uses kernel route to forward the packets. But generally
the host OS will only maintain host route and default route. On a server
which OVS is embedded, it may be enough.
But we are implementing a independent switch device with ASIC chip, which
supports OVS stack and openflow, maybe we need some static LPM route to
forward the encapsulated tunnel packet. Do you think so?

By the way, on the reverse direction, the de-capsulated packet will be
forwarded by openflow flow entries, right?