[ovs-discuss] Error handling design change

Amit Tewari stephansamit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 17:09:22 UTC 2012

hi,
i wanted to display BAD_VERSION error from switch to controller..am working
on error handling on my controller from switch. But why is switch behaving
like this,
 i also used openvswitch-1.2.2 there error packet header version from
switch was 1 not 3 . what is this design change in 1.6 version

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 05:06:32PM +0530, sonny sonny wrote:
> > Following is my setup on openvswitch 1.6.1
> > controller - nox 0.9.0(zaku)
> > Switch generates error packet for vendor message from controller, with
> > header version as 1 in error packet , which is correct behaviour of
> > switch.
> > But when i change header version to 3 in vendor message on controller
> > i recieve error packet with version 3 from switch and not  with
> > version 1 which is strange behaviour on switch.
> > I checked the code and i found that in error handling now error packet
> > version is set to the request packet version.
>
> Why did you send a vendor message with an OpenFlow version other than
> the negotiated version?

  Amit Tewari

Software Engineer

Ph::9711009046