[ovs-discuss] OpenFlow/XEN related question

ibrahim menem ibrahimmun at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 7 09:12:21 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm using XCP1.5beta, I´m trying to control the fake bridge created by "xe vlan-create" using NOX controller, is it possible?
I tried  ovs-vsctl set-controller <fake-bridge> but it claims the bridge is fake. does it mean I can't take control of the traffic inside the vlan? can I just disable the embedded controller?

I use NOX to control the parent bridge with
set-fail-mode secure, so when I shoutdown the controller no more ping is possible,However it is possible to ping inside vlan, who is the responsable?
ovs-dpctl dump-flows  system at parentbridge
doesn´t report any related flows!

Sorry if this is obvious, but since in beta I don´t have any XCP 1.5 networking reference and all what I have are man pages!

Best regards,
Ibrahim