[ovs-discuss] OpenFlow/XEN related question

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Wed Mar 7 16:06:30 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 11:43:38AM -0300, Luiz Ozaki wrote:
> On 3/7/12 6:12 AM, ibrahim menem wrote:
> >I'm using XCP1.5beta, I´m trying to control the fake bridge
> >created by "xe vlan-create" using NOX controller, is it possible?
> >I tried *ovs-vsctl set-controller <fake-bridge> *but it claims the
> >bridge is fake. does it mean I can't take control of the traffic
> >inside the vlan? can I just disable the embedded controller?
>
> In my case, I set the controller to the bridge, directly. Running brctl show
>
> xapi0        0000.101f7432e779    no        vif18.0
>                             eth2
>                             eth3
>                             bond0
>                             vif21.0
>                             vif25.0

I guess you must have "bridge compatibility" enabled.  Most users don't
enable bridge compatibility.  If ibrahim does not have it enabled, then
"brctl show" will not show ibrahim anything useful.

Otherwise I agree that your advice makes sense (myself, I missed that he
was using ovs-dpctl instead of ovs-ofctl).