[ovs-discuss] rate limiting is not working on Openvswitch

ANAND AKELLA ava6951 at rit.edu
Wed Mar 7 23:59:20 UTC 2012

Hi,

We are  trying to setup the experiment to perform QoS rate limiting using
OpenV Switch and following the steps provided in the cookbook.
 We are able to connect a VM to tap interface and configured the ovs-vsctl
command to perform rate limiting on tap interfaces.
We also enabled ingress tc qdisc add dev tap0  (traffic control) but
we don't see the traffic being rate limited when applied on tap interfaces
I'm trying to send traffic using netperf  ,the effective throughput remains
the same in the ingress and egress even after applying qos rate limiting on
taps interfaces.

We have hit a roadblock and do not know in which direction to proceed in
order to resolve the issue.

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Anand Akella