[ovs-discuss] how is OFPP_FLOOD handled to insure a packet is only flooded within the same VLAN

Min Chen ustcer.tonychan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 13:09:46 UTC 2012

Hi

I am reading the 1.4.0 source code. I want to find out how L2 switch is
implemented.

lib/learning-switch.c:line 478, make_packet_out is called. I tracked how
this OFPT_PACKET_OUT type message is handled, and this is what I found:
handle_openflow
  => handle_packet_out
    =>packet_out
      =>xlate_actions
        =>do_xlate_actions
          =>xlate_output_action
            =>xlate_output_action__
              =>flood_packets
                =>compose_output_action__
                  =>vsp_realdev_to_vlandev

I thought this last function call is looking for the devs in the same vlan.
But I need some comments to fully understand this function. Can anyone help?