[ovs-discuss] Interval /transmission timer for particular MPs in CFM

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Sun Mar 18 16:49:50 UTC 2012

CFM works on the basis of an interface.  Configuring CFM on br0 is not
useful because the CFM packets transmitted on br0 do not go anywhere.

There are various ways that you could avoid using two physical machines
to set up CFM, but CFM is more useful in the presence of two (or more)
physical machines.

I do not see cfm_remote_mpid mentioned in ovs-vsctl(8).  Please let me
know where you saw this recommendation, so that we can correct the
documentation.

OVS will place the remote MPs for which it receives CFM packets in
cfm_remote_mpids, for a manager to read.