[ovs-discuss] trunk port understanding

edward wilson edward.wilson2601 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 06:00:15 UTC 2012

Hi,

My query was if a port is trunk port then the packet coming out from this
interface should be tagged packet but I am not getting tag in packet.

Query example:-
1) one machine have 2 VMs and both interfaces are trunk port with vlan 2,
when I am sending ping request from VM1 to VM2 with vlan 2 from traffic
generator then packets on both VM's interfaces should be tagged with vlan 2
?

2) ping reply on both VMs interface should be tagged with vlan 2 ?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

-Ed