[ovs-discuss] Connecting OpenVswitch and a NOX controller present on the same machine

Anisha Kolasani akolasan at cse.unl.edu
Thu May 3 21:44:56 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am trying to connect a Nox controller to an OpenVswitch 1.4.0 on my
system.

My system settings are:

*sudo ovs-vsctl show*
12681540-b7fe-4f22-8c25-8371ae195eb5
    Bridge "br0"
        Controller "tcp:127.0.0.1:6633"
        fail_mode: standalone
        Port "eth0"
            Interface "eth0"
        Port "br0"
            Interface "br0"
                type: internal
        Port "tap0"
            Interface "tap0"
        Port "tap1"
            Interface "tap1"

There are no flows that I can see..
*sudo ovs-ofctl dump-flows br0*
NXST_FLOW reply (xid=0x4):

I am running the controller at the port 6633 in the same machine...But, the
following two are the only two message I see when the controller starts:

*sudo ./nox_core -v -i ptcp:6633 pyswitch*
00001|nox|INFO:Starting nox_core
(/home/anisha/nox/build/src/.libs/lt-nox_core)
00002|nox|INFO:nox bootstrap complete

I am not sure why the bridge br0 is not able to connect to the Nox
controller.
If anybody has tried this before, could you please let me know any pointers
to as to where its going wrong?

Thank you,
Anisha.