[ovs-discuss] Doc about developing app to control ovs remotely

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Fri May 11 16:30:27 UTC 2012

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 12:01:39AM +0800, bengo cloud wrote:
> As doc README said, ovs supports
>
>  * Transactional configuration database with C and Python bindings
>
> Is there any docs about how to develop my own app to control ovs remotely?
> Make the app work as "ovs-vsctl --db=tcp:ip:port ...". Thanks very much.

All you have to make that work is set up a manager to listen on a TCP
port, for example on the system running ovsdb-server:
        ovs-vsctl set-manager ptcp:
and then on the remote system:
        ovs-vsctl --db=tcp:1.2.3.4 add-port br0 vif1.0
where 1.2.3.4 is the correct IP address and you can use any vsctl
command you like.