[ovs-discuss] ovs-appctl vlog/list error

YIMIN CHEN ymchen.nbzj at gmail.com
Mon May 14 02:00:16 UTC 2012

Hi,

I wanted to see some debug information from ovs, and tried to use
ovs-appctl vlog/list or vlog/set. But vlog/list gives me such error:

jason1 at jason1:~/ovs/openvswitch/openvswitch-1.1.0pre2$ sudo ovs-appctl vlog/list
May 14 09:50:35|00001|daemon|WARN|/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/ovs-vswitchd.pid:
open: No such file or directory
ovs-appctl: cannot read pidfile
"/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/ovs-vswitchd.pid" (No such file or
directory)

Am I using the tool correctly? From the manual:

Every Open vSwitch daemon supports the following commands for
examining and adjusting log levels

vlog/list

Lists the known logging modules and their current levels.

Could anyone please clarify for me?

Thanks!
Yimin