[ovs-discuss] The limit of Open vSwitch obstruct us migrate from bridge-utils

Dongsheng Song dongsheng.song at gmail.com
Thu May 17 07:46:24 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 6:56 PM, bengo cloud <cloudbengo at gmail.com> wrote:
> After you add pNic to a bridge created by OVS, say br0, you could configure
> br0 to acquire valid IP address, automatically through dhcp or you can
> configure a static IP manually. That should be the management IP you want.
>
> For fail-over, add 2 pNics to br0, turn STP on. Thanks.

Sorry for the noise, I forgot clean ALL ip address on pNics like this:

/usr/bin/ovs-vsctl add-br br0
/usr/bin/ovs-vsctl add-port br0 eth0

/sbin/ifconfig br0  192.168.30.136 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
/sbin/ip address flush dev eth0

But unlike br0 device, I must use uml-utilities to create tap device my self:

/usr/sbin/tunctl -t tap0
/usr/bin/ovs-vsctl add-port br0 tap0
/sbin/ifconfig tap0 192.168.30.191 netmask 255.255.255.0 up

Is this correct ?

Thanks.