[ovs-discuss] Help needed on installing openvswitch-1.4.1

YIMIN CHEN ymchen.nbzj at gmail.com
Fri May 18 01:59:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am installing openvswitch 1.4 package on the ubuntu (first time
installing package on linux for me). Following the instructions in
INSTALL.Linux, I have done the following:

openvswitch-1.4.1$ ./boot.sh
openvswitch-1.4.1$ ./configure
openvswitch-1.4.1$ ./configure --with-linux=/lib/modules/`uname
-r`/build <== Is this step wrong?
openvswitch-1.4.1$ make
openvswitch-1.4.1$ make install
openvsiwtch-1.4.1$ insmod datapath/linux/openvswitch_mod.ko

insmod: can't read 'datapath/linux/openvswitch_mod.ko': No such file
or directory

openvswitch_mod.ko is not in the datapath directory, so I guess I
didn't build the kernel module correctly.

Was the step I built kernel module wrong?

Appreciate your suggestions!

Thanks,
Yimin