[ovs-discuss] How to control incoming traffic of VMs?

cloudprovider cloudprovider at gmail.com
Mon May 21 06:35:12 UTC 2012

Try QoS for port.

Example:
ovs-vsctl set port port1 qos=@newqos  \
-- --id=@newqos create qos type=linux-htb other-config:max-rate=5000000 queues:0=@newqueue \
-- --id=@newqueue create queue other-config:min-rate=5000000 other-config:max-rate=5000000

Thanks,
Lei Shi

From:  "张锦成"<perfume0607 at gmail.com>;
Date:  Mon, May 21, 2012 02:17 PM
To:  "Ben Pfaff"<blp at nicira.com>;
Cc:  "discuss"<discuss at openvswitch.org>;
Subject:  Re: [ovs-discuss] How to control incoming traffic of VMs?

Hi, Ben    "ingress_policing_rate" can only control the outgoing traffic of VMs.
I wonder how could I control the incoming traffic of VMs.
    Thx.

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 2:11 PM, 张锦成 <perfume0607 at gmail.com> wrote:
 Sorry, I misunderstood this. On a virtual interface (one connected to a virtual machine), this limits the rate at which the VM is able to transmit.(outgoing traffic)
 On a physical interface, this limits the rate at which traffic is allowed into the system from the outside;(incoming traffic)
 It seems a little strange.